2017 FDA Central Region Retail Food Protection Seminar and NEHA Region 4 Biannual Educational Conference
September 19-21, 2017
The Commons Hotel
About the Event
The Minnesota Environmental Health Association (MEHA) invites you to join us for this one-of-a-kind event. The 2017 FDA Central Region Retail Food Protection Seminar will be jointly held with the National Environmental Health Association (NEHA) Region IV biannual educational conference. This event will bring together food protection and environmental health professionals from 17 states and the District of Columbia. The agenda is being planned to provide joint keynote sessions and networking events, in order to promote and foster our community of environmental health professionals.
Our intended audience includes food safety and environmental health professionals from federal, state, tribal, and local regulatory agencies, industry, academia, as well as anyone with an interest in learning more about these topics!
Registration for the FDA seminar provides attendees access to all three days of programming. Registration for the NEHA conference provides access to sessions beginning on day two. Registration for either event allows you to participate and attend all sessions on the days included with your registration.
FDA Retail Food Protection Seminar (September 19-21)
The FDA Retail Food Protection Seminar will be held September 19-21, 2017. Attendees have the opportunity to learn about:
- Changes to regulations, policies, and recommendations that impact retail food safety, including but not limited to the FDA Food Code;
- FDA Standardization Interpretations;
- The FDA Voluntary National Retail Food Regulatory Program Standards;
- Federal, state, local, tribal, and territorial regulatory initiatives to enhance retail food safety;
- Industry initiatives to enhance retail food safety;
- Funding opportunities available to jurisdictions responsible for the regulation of retail and food service establishments; and
- Emerging science and technology related to retail food safety.
NEHA Region IV Biannual Educational Conference (September 20-21)
The NEHA Region IV conference will be held September 20-21, 2017. Attendees will be able to attend informational and educational sessions from a wide range of topics, including:
- Food Safety
- Drinking Water
- Swimming Pools
- Healthy Homes
- Emerging Environmental Health Issues
- Professional Development
- …and much more!
Register early! Prices go up after August 15, 2017.
FDA Retail Food Protection Seminar: September 19-21, 2017
- All attendees: $250 ($300 after August 15) REGISTER NOW
NEHA Region 4 Conference: September 20-21, 2017
- General Registration: $200 ($250 after August 15) REGISTER NOW
- NEHA State affiliate member (ND, SD, MN, NE, IA, WI): $150 ($200 after August 15) REGISTER NOW
- NEHA State affiliate retired or student member (ND, SD, MN, NE, IA, WI): $125 ($175 after August 15) REGISTER NOW
The event will be held at The Commons Hotel on the campus of the University of Minnesota, in Minneapolis, MN. The planning committee has secured a room block at the prevailing government room rate of $145/night plus tax and fees. Book your room today – they will fill fast!
615 Washington Ave SE,
Minneapolis, MN 55414
Or call 612.379.8888 and ask for the NEHA Region 4 Educational Conference/FDA Central Region Seminar block.
The Minnesota Environmental Health Association is proud to host an educational poster session at the joint FDA Regional Retail Food Safety Seminar/NEHA Region 4 Conference. Showcase your research to Environmental and Public Health Professionals from 17 states and the District of Columbia. Poster session participation is open to students and professionals. The deadline to submit a poster proposal is July 1, 2017.
Sponsorship and Vendor Opportunities
MEHA is seeking sponsorships for this unique event. Sponsorships will help to support the cost of the conference, including speaker fees, meals, and venue fees. Vendors are invited to share their products throughout the day on Wednesday, September 20, as well as during a dedicated networking social event that evening. If your organization is connected with Food Safety or Environmental Health and may benefit from being a Sponsor or Vendor at this event, we invite you to consider participating as a Sponsor and/or Vendor. The deadline to register as a sponsor or vendor is July 1, 2017.
- Sponsor and Vendor Invitation
- Sponsor Paper Application or Sponsor Online Application
- Vendor Paper Application or Vendor Online Application
- Sponsorship Benefits Information