Career Posting: Environmental Health Intern (3 positions)
Bloomington Environmental Health, Bloomington, MN is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position of Environmental Health Intern (3 positions)
Position Description: Environmental Health Interns
Salary: $17.70 – $19.55 Hourly
Closing: 3/1/2018 4:00 PM Central
The City of Bloomington is seeking 3 individuals to serve an internship from May through August 2018. Under the direction of a registered sanitarian, interns will be responsible for conducting rental housing inspections, inspecting licensed public swimming pools, collecting beach water samples, and working in other environmental health areas as needed. Opportunities may be available to do directed projects if they fall within the scope of our division.
Examples of Duties
- Conducting rental housing inspections.
- Inspecting licensed public swimming pools.
- Investigating complaints of City code violations.
- Collecting beach water samples.
- Data entry and filing.
- Bachelor’s degree or earning a degree in Environmental Health, Environmental Studies, Public Health, Biology, Chemistry or a related science field. If in the process of earning a degree in any of these fields, candidate must have completed at least their second year of the degree program.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Certified Pool Operator (CPO) certification or equivalent.
- Experience inspecting public pools, licensed rental houses, or collecting beach water samples.
- Customer service experience.
- Knowledge of/familiarity with the City of Bloomington.