City of Edina - 4801 W. 50th St., Edina, MN 55424 is seeking qualified candidates. To fill the position of Environmental Public Health Intern
The City of Edina is seeking applications for a seasonal part-time environmental health intern. The individual in this position will gain experience in all Environmental Health program areas regulated by the Edina Health Division. The position will be offered from May - September, depending on availability of the chosen candidate. The position provides a great opportunity to work for local government and experience a variety of community issues for career development.
- Conduct housing and property maintenance inspections;
- Public Health Nuisance complaint investigation and enforcement;
- Assist with swimming pool and other licensed establishment inspections;
- Issue violation notices and letters;
- Answer questions from the public;
- Perform special projects and various administrative and clerical functions including answering phones, data entry and reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary: $14.33 - $17.90 hourly; average 24 hours per week
Minimum qualifications include a Bachelor's degree or earning a four year degree in Environmental Health, Public Health, Biology, Chemistry or related field, a valid Minnesota driver's license, experience with Microsoft Office programs and good oral and written communication skills. A strong interest in Environmental Health, Public Health or related field as a career is preferred.