Career Posting: Environmental Health Specialist
City of St. Cloud, St. Cloud MN is seeking qualified candidates. To fill the position of Environmental Health Specialist
Come join the Health & Inspections Department at the City of St. Cloud where you will find great benefits, a team atmosphere and professional development opportunities. As an Environmental Health Specialist you will inspect, communicate and collaborate with business operators to achieve regulatory compliance. Primary work areas are in the food, lodging and public swimming pool programs. As an Environmental Health Specialist you will:
• perform plan reviews of menus, equipment and layout for new and expanding establishments
• investigate food, lodging and pool safety complaints
• perform routine and follow-up inspections
• create and participate in outreach events
• inspect community events for food and other safety needs
• work closely with other jurisdictions and the State of Minnesota for joint enforcement activities
• correctly interpret municipal, state and federal laws and regulations for enforcement
• work closely with other divisions and departments to solve complex enforcement cases
• exercise considerable independent judgment and initiative
• Graduation from an accredited college or university with major course work in public or environmental health or related field;
• Current registration as an Environmental Health Specialist/Sanitarian through the Minnesota Department of Health OR ability to obtain this registration within 18 months.
• Possession of valid Minnesota driver’s license; must provide own appropriate transportation.