Environmental Health Specialist - City of Bloomington, MN
Career Posting: Environmental Health Specialist
The City of Bloomington, MN is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position of Environmental Health Specialist.
The City of Bloomington is seeking an individual to perform inspections, investigations, education and compliance work in the field of Environmental Health and to protect public health through enforcement of municipal and state codes. Applicable program areas include nuisance and zoning code inspections; rental housing inspections; and food, pool and lodging establishment inspections. At this time we are seeking an inspector for our rental housing and nuisance/zoning code compliance team.
ANTICIPATED HIRING RANGE: $38.71 - $42.68 Hourly
POSITION STATUS: Full-time, Benefits-eligible, Union (AFSCME), Non-exempt position
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Sun. 12/20/20 11:59 PM Central Time
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Health, Biological or Physical Sciences, Public Health or closely related field
- Minnesota Department of Health or NEHA registered Environmental Health Specialist/Sanitarian or eligible to be registered within one year
- Valid driver’s license
- Master’s degree in one of the above fields
- Depending on specific needs of the Environmental Health Division at the time a position is open, specific experience in food, lodging and pool safety assurance, rental housing inspection, zoning code enforcement, nuisance control, property maintenance code enforcement, pollution control, or plan review
- Demonstrated ability to use office, inspection, and geographic information software (GIS)
- Ability to speak Spanish, Somali, Vietnamese or other non-English languages prevalent in the community
Where to apply: www.BloomingtonMN.gov/hr
Additional Information: www.BloomingtonMN.gov/hr