Career Posting:Environmental Health Student Intern-Climate Reponse
Ramsey County Is seeking qualified candidates to fill the following position Environmental Health Student Intern-Climate Reponse.
Position Description: The Saint Paul-Ramsey County Public Health Department is seeking candidates for an internship on our Climate Action team. This team leads the county’s work to respond to climate change and increase community resilience. The county will launch our first Equitable Climate Action Framework this spring and this internship will focus specifically on associated data collection, tracking and analysis.
Specific projects include:
• Collecting and analyzing GIS data to update chapters of the county’s climate vulnerability assessment chapters, with support from the climate and health planner.
• Updating an xcel spreadsheet/pivot-table version of the county’s Equitable Climate Action Framework with work progress data from departments implementing climate action strategies, with support from the climate and health planner.
• Tracking news and reports related to climate change, response and adaptation, to share science-backed information with the county’s Climate Change Governance Team, Equitable Climate Action Resident Advisory Team and emergency response teams.
This intern will receive a structured orientation to the county’s climate response work, consistent work support from the Climate Action team and regular check-ins with the county’s Climate and Health Planner to ensure they feel supported and are developing new professional skills.
The work schedule will primarily be Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week, with potential for occasional evening or weekend meetings. This position is a hybrid, in-person and remote, role.
Position Requirements:Minimum qualifications:
• Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of colleagues and residents.
• Ability to organize complex data into easy-to-understand resources or narratives.
• Software competency in Microsoft Office (specifically excel spreadsheet) and GIS spatial data analysis.
• Experiencing collecting data via interview and online search.
• Knowledge of common climate change mitigation and adaptation strategies.
Position closes on:2024-03-01