Career Posting:Environmental Public Health Intern II
City of Edina Is seeking qualified candidates to fill the following position Environmental Public Health Intern II.
Position Description: The City of Edina is seeking applications for a Summer 2024 seasonal part-time environmental health intern. The individual in this position will gain experience in all Environmental Health program areas regulated by the Edina Health Division. The position will be offered from May – September, depending on availability of the chosen candidate. The position provides a great opportunity to work for local government and experience a variety of community issues for career development.
– Conduct housing and property maintenance inspections;
– Public Health Nuisance complaint investigation and enforcement;
– Assist with food, pool, and lodging inspection programs;
– Issue violation notices and letters;
– Assist with rental housing inspections;
– Assist recycling and organics recycling programs;
– Answer questions from the public;
– Perform special projects and various administrative and clerical functions including answering phones, data entry and reports;
– Other duties as assigned.
Minimum qualifications include a Bachelor's degree or earning a four year degree in Environmental Health, Public Health, Biology, Chemistry or related field, a valid Minnesota driver's license, experience with Microsoft Office programs and good oral and written communication skills. A strong interest in Environmental Health, Public Health or related field as a career is preferred.
Position closes on:2024-03-15