Career Posting:Environmental Specialist-Household Hazardous Waste, Environmental Services Department
Stearns County Is seeking qualified candidates to fill the following position Environmental Specialist-Household Hazardous Waste, Environmental Services Department.
Position Description: Stearns County is accepting applications for an Environmental Specialist-Household Hazardous Waste to provide implementation of the collection and management of household hazardous waste and problem materials. This position is responsible for maintaining awareness of safety procedures and educating the public about laws and policies involved with household hazardous waste and problem materials.
To view complete job description and to apply visit our website at stearnscountymn.gov.
Position Requirements:Minimum Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree or higher in environmental studies, biology, chemistry, or similar field (education must include 11 or more semester credits in chemistry)
• Must possess a valid Minnesota Class "D" Driver's License or have the ability to obtain within 30 days of employment
• Reliable transportation to travel to multiple locations around Stearns County, some of which may not be accessible by public transportation
Ability to obtain/complete the following criteria within 180 days of hire date with training provided by Stearns County:
• Valid Minnesota Class "A" Commercial Driver's License with a Hazardous Materials Endorsement
• Powered Industrial Truck Operator's Certification
• The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) 40-hour HAZWOPER
Position closes on:2024-02-23
Where to Apply: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/Stearns