Food Safety Supervisor - Target Field
Minneapolis, MN, USA
Reporting to the Assistant General Manager, the Sanitarian prevents public and internal health issues by enforcing local and company health sanitation standards in accordance with the Company’s GuestPath Universal Service Standards.
• Ensures all staff is following health and sanitation standards set forth by the local health department and company standards.
• Keeps department managers and culinary personnel fully informed, in a prompt manner, on all problems or unusual matter of significance so that swift correct action can be taken.
• Maintains strict confidentiality on appropriate issues.
• Recognizes the critical nature of prompt and accurate communication to all levels of employees and ensures that appropriate systems and processes are in place and used consistently; meetings, information boards, one on one training, etc.
• Develops action plans and solutions to issues in a timely manner while ensuring progress, execution and completion of said action plans.
• Maintains a clean, safe and sanitary facility by conducting regular inspections of Delaware North areas to ensure cleanliness, and health code standards are met.
• Inspects premises daily for unsanitary practices and conditions
• Inspects product and equipment for conformity to federal and state sanitation laws and Delaware North standards.
• Monitors systems within the department to eliminate foodborne illnesses.
• Develops, implements and conducts regular staff training on departmental standards and works “hands on” as required.
• Completes administrative duties needed to perform job functions as required (line checks, temperature logs, cooler logs, cleaning schedules, etc.).
• Maintains a positive work environment and a team-oriented approach.
• Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of 3 years experience in a food and beverage related role.
• Previous experience with variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
• Must be ServSafe Certified to ensure full knowledge of Food Service Sanitation
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Ability to work cooperatively with others, and adhere to Company’s GuestPath Universal Service Standards.
• Must be dependable and a self-starter; ability to work independently.
• Strong leadership skills; ability to delegate and coach others.
• Ability to communicate job procedures and give clear concise instructions.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
• Exceptional organizational and project management skills.
• Familiar with standard food and beverage equipment.
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Exposed to outdoors and variable temperatures, including extreme hot and cold depending on the season.