Career Posting: Community Health Worker
Hennepin County Public Health, 1011 First Street South, Suite 215, Hopkins, MN 55343 is seeking qualified candidates. To fill the position of Community Health Worker
The Hennepin County Public Health Protection & Promotion division is seeking a Community Health Worker to perform licensed pool inspections and take beach water samples as well as other duties within Environmental Health program areas.
This is a limited duration, non-benefit earning position that will start in May 2018. Core work hours will be Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Some weekend hours may be required to accommodate special events.
The Health and Human Services department requires its employees to be focused on results for clients and customers; with opportunities for flexibility and an emphasis on work/life balance.
The primary duties and responsibilities of this position include:
- Inspect public swimming pools for compliance with state and county ordinances.
- Educate, train, and advise pool operators on code requirements.
- Collect samples from public beaches on a weekly basis.
- Inspect licensed special event stands and lodging facilities for compliance with state and county ordinances.
Best Qualified Candidates will have:
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in environmental health, environmental science, food science, biology, chemistry, and/or a field closely related to the assignment.
- A valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation to travel to sites throughout Hennepin County.
- Eligibility to take the Environmental Health Specialist/Registered Sanitarian exam after one year of experience.
- Performing environmental health assessments or research.
- Using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Researching, analyzing, and reporting data.
- Good organizational, time management, and analytical skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to be objective and effectively handle difficult situations.