Ramsey County Community Environmental Health Internship
Start Date:May or June 2020
End Date:August or September 2020
Compensation:$17.72/hour; 40 hours per week.
Position DescriptionThe community environmental health intern completes inspections and obtains compliance related to Ramsey County public health ordinances such as swimming pool inspections, temporary food operations, and food vending; and related office duties. There is also an opportunity for communication projects such as website updates, documentation of environmental health licensing and inspection processes, community outreach and engagement, inspection data analysis, and policy and procedure development. The schedule will primarily be Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week for the summer season. This position may include occasional evening and weekend work to complete inspections of temporary food events.
- Complete assigned inspections.
- Educate licensees and the public regarding codes/ordinances.
- Obtain compliance with code/ordinance requirements.
- Process documentation and improvement.
- Document and organize work that is completed.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- A commitment to and belief in the Ramsey County mission, vision and goals; including racial equity.
- Academic experience and current undergraduate or graduate school enrollment in environmental health,public health, food science, biological or physical sciences, community health education or related field.
- Computer software competency in commonly used Microsoft Office and Adobe products.
- A valid driver’s license and regular access to a vehicle.
Desirable Additional Job Qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree in environmental health, public health, food science, biological or physical sciences,community health education or related field.
- Previous work experience in environmental health or code enforcement.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Fluency in Spanish and/or Hmong.