Career Posting:Seasonal Environmental Health Technician – Food, Lodging, & Pools
City of Minneapolis Is seeking qualified candidates to fill the following position Seasonal Environmental Health Technician – Food, Lodging, & Pools.
Position Description: Assist Inspectors on field investigations for problems relevant to the assigned area which may include food, lodging, pools, and emergency response, and perform related du
ties, on a seasonal basis.
• Perform studies that analyze objective data regarding the area assigned and generate reports.
• Assist Inspectors on field investigations for problems relevant to the assigned area which may include food, lodging, pools, and emergency response.
• Assist inspectors with inspections and in developing and issuing written orders that address non- compliance
• Use GIS to create maps of the location of identified issues.
• Recommend permit denials, revocations, or administrative fines to the Supervisor or Inspectors.
• Assist in the work of/with stakeholders on area assigned issues, including, businesses, and neighborhood groups; attend and make presentations at meetings, prepare letters and update website information.
• Represent the Health Department to the public and to outside organizations.
Position Requirements:Applicants Must be in the process of earning a Bachelor's Degree in Natural or Physical Science, or a related field with background in environmental studies (transcripts must be submitted with the application)
LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS Valid Driver's License
The selection process will consist of one or more of the following steps: a rating of relevant education and experience and/or an oral examination (100%). It is important that your application show all the relevant education and experience you possess. This information will be used to determine which candidates will proceed in the selection process. A submitted application is also used to verify the answers to any supplemental questions. Only those candidates who attain a passing score (70%) on each step in the selection process will be placed on the eligible list. The City of Minneapolis Human Resources Department reserves the right to limit the number in any phase of the selection process.
Position closes on:2024-03-04