SENIOR ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH & SAFETY SPECIALIST
Responsible for the development, implementation, and maintenance of specific environmental, health and safety (EHS) program as assigned to ensure regulatory and internal compliance, reduce risk to the operations and employees, and minimize Shutterfly’s liability. As related to the EHS programs assigned, the position will assess risk and will create programs, policies, procedures, assessments, and training materials as appropriate.
- align and integrate the EHS strategy with the supporting organization’s mission, goals, and strategies.
- Monitor regulatory requirements/trends, conduct impact analyses, and implement programs to ensure compliance with both regulatory and internal standards
- Lead and Facilitate EHS related sustainability programs
- Act as the business SME for the EHS IS system as well manage the EHS metrics collection/analysis process
- Monitor EHS trends and develop recommendations for process improvements and employee training initiatives
- Develop and conduct training course material to meet the needs of the learner or business
- Manage the waste program which includes waste vendor auditing program
- Actively identify and promote process improvements or new processes that strengthen the EHS function and the overall organization and minimizes/eliminates risk.
- Communicate compliance status, key performance indicators, trends, priority issues and business impact to key stakeholders
- Conduct incident investigations, identify root causes, and implement improvement/action plans to prevent similar incidents from occurring
- Lead and/or participate on cross functional teams to represent EHS objectives related to the subject matter and meet the team’s overall objectives and deliverables
- Participate as lead auditor or as a team member on auditing teams for Corp EHS programs
- Bachelor’s Degree (EHS related, Engineering) plus 5 years of EHS related experience or Master’s Degree (EHS related, Engineering) plus 3 years of EHS related experience. EHS or Engineering professional certification is preferred, but not required.
- Working experience in implementing EHS regulations, conducting incident investigations, interacting with regulatory agencies and external organizations and managing cross functional teams.
- Ability to establish measurable project goals and implementation plans, balance conflicting work demands, and develop action plans including the identification of resource requirements.
- Ability to develop standards and/or policies that meet business objectives
- Ability to actively listen, build and maintain effective working relationships with internal/external colleagues and stakeholders and resolve conflict constructively.
- Ability to successfully manage projects and programs
- Maintain Workers’ Compensation files and assist with all aspects of case management
- Manage environmental permitting and reporting requirements
- Coordinates the auditing process to ensure completeness and accuracy of contractor/vendor program
The successful candidate will possess strong communication, problem solving and technical writing skills. Strong knowledge of safety principles and practices and the ability to work independently and as a team member. Strong PC skills including Word, Excel and Powerpoint. Proficient in the use of Cause Analysis techniques (5 Whys and Fishbone analysis), with the ability to provide site personnel support and training in these methods.