Career Posting: Student Intern in Environmental Health Division
St. Paul – Ramsey County Public Health, Environmental Health Division is seeking qualified candidates. To fill the position of Student Intern in Environmental Health Division
Student Intern in Environmental Health Division
Appointment: The work schedule will be 40 hours per week. The start date is when student is out of school in May and the end date is when the student returns to school in fall.
The individual will be responsible for inspecting public swimming pools, investigating complaints, record keeping, and performing related duties as assigned.
The individual in this position will:
* Inspect swimming pools to determine compliance with public health and safety regulations and ordinances
* Assist in inspecting temporary food stands, mobile home parks, food and lodging establishments
* Correspond by letter, e-mail or phone to schedule appointments, provide information, gain compliance or educate establishments
* Investigate complaints and document findings
* Provide assistance and engage in other environmental health projects as required
* Candidates must be in the process of earning a Bachelor’s Degree in public health, environmental health, sanitary science, biology, chemistry or related field.
* Candidates must be able to work independently; have basic computer skills; have strong verbal and written communication skill
* Candidate needs to have a car and have a valid driver’s license. County reimburses student for mileage.
To Apply: Send a letter of interest, resume, and copy of coursework to Zach Hansen.
Questions? Call (651) two-six-six.1160